Yolo County is my home. I am a graduate of UC Davis and have lived here all of my adult life. Yolo County is where I started my farming operation, Chamberlain Farms, as well as my business, Windmill Feed. This is also where I’ve had the pleasure to serve you on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors since 2005: I currently serve as Vice-Chairman of the Board.
I do not want to see Yolo County’s vast agricultural lands turned into miles of paved roads. We have a treasure in the soil that is deeply rooted in the people of Yolo County. I have been a steward of the land, both as a local farmer and as a Yolo County Supervisor. I have also been a strong advocate for protecting the land from developers, and at times, Yolo County itself: I strongly opposed a re-entry facility in the unincorporated area that would have changed the landscape.
I want to see the County’s land remain productive. Our farmers grow a wide variety of products, some of which are immediately available for consumption, and others that need to be processed. We need to make sure that these products are processed here in our very own county where they’re produced. I have worked with a number of agricultural businesses to ensure that regionally supported projects move forward to strengthen our local economy.
I’ve spent the last eight years representing the 5th District on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. Additionally, I served a number of years on the Woodland Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and the Yolo Land Trust Board of Directors. I also served as a member of the UC Davis Advisory Committee for the College of Agriculture.
This experience has enabled me to approach every issue with an understanding and appreciation for you. I look forward to serving you as your 5th District Supervisor for the next four years. Together, we make a difference.
It’s easy to contact me.
Home Phone: 530-662-2620
Mobile Phone: 530-304-4993
Let me know what you’d like to see improved in our district!
• Elected to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors in 2004
• Currently serving as 5th District Supervisor on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors
• 2011 Agriculturalist of the Year
• First generation Yolo County Farmer
• Witnessed first-hand many changes within our county
• Served on Woodland Chamber of Commerce Board
• Over 45 years of management experience
• Experienced, successful small business owner
• Independent thinker with a common sense approach
• Ability to set realistic priorities
• Knows how to see a job to completion
• No hidden agenda
• Not aligned with any special interest group
Areas of General Concern
• Law enforcement & fire protection services
• Health, health care facilities
• Road maintenance & overall infrastructure conditions
• Wasteful & irresponsible tax payer money management
• County-wide economic conditions & lack of job opportunities